Mixing and mastering of audio, visual and written content, editing, color, motion & compression.
Download Content from earphoria.fm’s FTP Site
User: ears, Pass: @earphoria.fm
- logo, earphoria session with [artist]
- song by the artist
- artist introduction
- musical response
- special thanks
- cut out any downtime, duplicate sentences
- move things around to make them song more relative and more interesting.
- go through and clip out all the good parts, be careful not to cut to close – you can always cut more later
- use music to bridge sections, introduce new questions
- use non-lyrical/ instrumental to cover white noise and build intensity underneath discussion
- longer fades are better than quick cuts, crossfade when possible
- do a volume check
Background Patch: create a patch of background – cut out a layer of the natural background noise for that interview so that you can use it for the background when you have short cuts and then it won’t sound so choppy.
Crossfade: use cross fade tool in logic to splice things together without having lots of clips, again be careful not to cut too close to edges or make crossfades too wide or your will hear things repeat or get chopped off.
Volume Check: listen to the session on low volume and listen to the session high volume and level off for easy listening
Set your Scratch Disks at Final Cut Pro/ System Settings, check Audio/Video Render/Capture folders and SET to the Scratch Disk folder inside of the Earphoria Editing Template
From Finder, add your media to the Media folder inside of the Earphoria Editing Template folder. Then, from the Final Cut File Menu go Import>Import File or Folders and sort clips into appropriate bins.
Save the project using the artist name, ex. “Radiohead”
Full session (<15min)
Individual performances (<3min)
Individual high-quality audio downloads
Select In (I) and Out (O) points. File>Export>QuickTime
If you are unfamiliar with exporting video, please watch the exporting tutorial.
Compression Settings: File Format: QuickTime Movie, Encoding: H.264, Frame Controls: On, Resize Filter: Best (Statistical prediction), Output Fields: Progressive, De-interlace: Better, Frame Size: 1920×1080. If you are unfamiliar with compressing video, please watch the Easy Video Tutorial
Upload to Vimeo using your own account or using earphoria’s (login: firstname.lastname@example.org, pass: earphoria).
Before handing off your project, use the File/Media Manager to make sure that all of your project assets are bundled appropriately. Zip the file and upload to Earphoria’s FTP site (User: ears, Pass: earphoria.fm).
Final Cut Resources
Posting a session on earphoria.fm is easy.
- Go to earphoria.fm
- Go to the share page
- Login to earphoria.fm
- Enter a title for your post.
- Add a Feature Image.
- Embed a video by entering the link.
- Upload audio content to the gallery, then use the podpress feature using the content’s link.
- To post original video footage upload to Vimeo or You Tube and then insert link to embed.
- Select categories for the post
- Add Kew Words